Elias Adkins

Elias Adkins

Guest

forumbacklinks2@gmail.com

  Does replacing the battery yourself actually save much on a Mercedes? (7 views)

3 Oct 2026 14:37

Watched a few YouTube videos on changing the battery in my GLA and honestly it looks doable, just a matter of disconnecting terminals and swapping the unit. But every video also mentions that newer Mercedes need the battery registered to the car's computer or the charging system goes haywire, and that's where I get stuck because I don't have the diagnostic tool for that. So now I'm weighing whether to do the physical swap myself and then pay someone just to register it, or just let one place handle the whole thing. Seems like half the job is the software side which kind of defeats the DIY point. I was on Battery Zone UAE trying to find out more about how their Mercedes replacement works and whether they'd do just the registration if I supply my own battery, but the site mostly covers the full service. Has anyone here tried the split approach, doing the swap yourself and getting a shop to program it after? Or is that just asking for trouble with these cars? Curious if the savings are even worth it or if I should just book the whole thing and be done.

119.156.112.121

Elias Adkins

Elias Adkins

Guest

forumbacklinks2@gmail.com

Post reply
เว็บไซต์นี้มีการใช้งานคุกกี้ เพื่อเพิ่มประสิทธิภาพและประสบการณ์ที่ดีในการใช้งานเว็บไซต์ของท่าน ท่านสามารถอ่านรายละเอียดเพิ่มเติมได้ที่ นโยบายความเป็นส่วนตัว  and  นโยบายคุกกี้